April 9, 2007

Third Round of Planet Earth was Awesome

I'm talking about the TV show on Discovery Channel that has been airing on Sunday nights. In my last Monday post (link at bottom of this post) I talked about how the plentiful commercials ruined and distracted from the experience. It was to such a profound extent that I forgot about the show last night and only caught ten minutes of the first segment on "Shallow Seas", but I did get to see the whole second segment on "Great Plains." This time, this part of the miniseries was amazing and has regained a great status in my heart as one of the great shows on Television.

I enjoyed the herds of Caribou and the white birds nesting, and the conflict between the lions and Elephants. My favorite part of it was this brief second where a sort of bouncy, hoppy bird appeared above the tall grass, hovered for a split second, fell back down to the ground and disappeared into the grass, then bounced back up into view again. It was quite humorous!

I enjoyed it. Look forward to a future post on what exactly my stance is on being beneficial to the environment with a mention of Global Warming/Climate Change.

Link to the post about the previous time I watched Planet Earth

No comments: