April 9, 2007

Me, not another Anti Global Warming, Ecofriendly Extremist?

I believe that the focus on how pollution might be causing a rise in worldwide temperatures can lead people to believe that the only effect of pollution could be Global Warming. Basically "if I don't believe in Global Warming, then why should I care about being friendly to the environment?" is a seemingly legitimate question nowadays.

My opinion is that whether or not humans are causing Global Warming and no matter if we can stop it or not, there are more reasons about supporting efforts to lower pollution and to be more beneficial to the world we live in. First off is that I don't want to have to pay so much for gas as supply, demand, and possibly price-gouging, are driving up the price. I am not sure if biofuel would cost less, especially at first, but if it doesn't, the existence of another method to fuel a car means more competetion which hopefully leads to better prices. This is a selfish reason, but nonetheless I am a big fan of people finding other ways to power cars.

A clearer argument: In some places the air gets so polluted that people have to stay in their house and not go outside because it would be hazardous to their health on certain days. I know that the population is growing. I don't know about you, but I don't want to grow to be an old man who can't go for a walk outside because of all the smog.

Call me what you want but I don't think that anyone likes the beauty of the Earth being destroyed, like ponds being polluted, etc.

Ultimately I feel I have to address my stance on Global Warming and Climate Change. Actually I probably don't need to, and I secretly want to, so it's not too hard to force myself, and I like the sound of the reading voice in my head so I want to create more for it to say. At the end of the post, one thing will be clear; I say "I" too much.

I want to first say that I am personally far from concrete in my views about it and I am not sure if I'm right. I didn't think much about Global Warming until I picked it as a topic for my English paper and I had to take a stance on it somehow in order to write the paper. Originally I was going to say that humans are causing there to be Global Warming; the problem was that the articles that I read that said this were all about the bad effects of it but did not focus chiefly on connecting human works on the environment to rising temperatures. The articles that I read that were against this claim, in contrast, focused on disconnecting human 'works' from it and connecting other things to it. I suppose it is a bit by chance that it ended up that way.

I found myself reading one piece that proved it one view and another piece that proved a different view and ended up going back and forth, piece after piece. I'm still lost!

My conclusion came to be that the world is warming, but the readings are exaggerated, and solar magnetism it what is causing it. I can't go into much detail here because I turned in my paper on it. Right now I'm in the clear, my paper is original and cites sources when paraphrased and quoted. There is nothing on the internet about Global Warming that contains my syntax. If I into detail, then that would change as I would blog myself into plagiarism. If the teacher checks for plagiarism and finds a lot of stuff being worded the same way on some website (http://sdtektiv.blogspot.com), I might be accused of plagiarism and would have to, I guess, prove my innocence by making a blog post saying "it's me!" But when I finally get my paper back seven weeks from now I will be sure to go into detail!

That is if I remember.

No comments: