April 18, 2007

How to Attract More Visitors to your Blog

  • Leave a comment on every story that you like by other bloggers. It makes everybody feel good and they may click on your name and view your website.
  • If a story fits, if the story is sort of journalistic and it is about a specific thing or on modern events, submit it to Digg
  • Link to other blogs
  • Respond to visitor comments (I don't know if this attracts more readers but actually do this just for fun!)
  • Post once a day if you can! And when you feel like blogging a LOT, then just save them as drafts and post them on other days. This very post that I'm posting I originally started on April 3rd, 2007, and today it is the 18th. If you have a few backup posts then you can publish on a regular basis more. I know that I don't do this much myself, I even call it a "monthly blog" in the description because of this!
  • Have a link to your blog in the signatures of forums and in your email address.
  • Write out the address of your blog on little pieces of paper and hand them out to your friends!
  • Blogger has an article about this very subject at this very long URL: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42377&query=attract%20visitors&topic=&type=f

No comments: