April 5, 2007

Banished Words of 2007 Published

I did not hear about it, so chances are that you did not, but you want to.

The Lake Superior State University yearly banished words list for 2007 has made its appearance (http://www.lssu.edu/banished/current.php)

I am not sure that I agree with a lot of the words being banished, such as they want to banish the use of the word "PWN" and "awesome", but the submitters do give their reasons and a lot of them are pretty funny and rationalized, and generally are on the side of rantingly outrageous.

I should mention that the list is compiled of peoples' submissions, so if a word came into your mind that you loathe, you can already submit words for the 2008 list. My advice is to be both rational and funny in your reason, because then you might get your quote with it.

No comments: