January 3, 2006

Blogger vs Xanga!

I am really glad that I found Blogger. I used to be on Xanga, but there were a few things that were pretty dupid about it.

I am so glad that I have found the greatness that is Blogger. It is so great... Let us compare why Blogger is so much better than Xanga:

Reason number one:
No dumb ads that are like "Do this and get an iPod"... my response: "Why should iCare?"...
In fact, there are no ads on Blogger, except for when people choose to put them on. Xanga had ads

Reason number two:
Blogger allows direct access to your Template coding, and has help articles to help you put add-ons and hacks by putting stuff in the code. Did Xanga? no.

Resin number three:
Censorship. If I find a blog that is inappropriate I can "flag" it, and if a lot of people "flag" it, then it doesn't get deleted, it just becomes unlisted. Which means that it will still exist, but no one will find it unless they type in the address or look really hard for it. Xanga, didn't have it.

Season number four:
I have the option of making it so that people can comment, even people who aren't even signed up in Blogger. Xanga didn't have that

The only thing that Xanga had that Blogger didn't was a "Kudos" feature, but as you can see above the things that make Blogger better seriously outweigh this one feature.

I suspect that I could've made Xanga be like Blogger for me if I ordered Xanga Premium, but Blogger has all these features for free that you have to pay for on other services. It's just too cool.
It's pretty rad. Blogger hasn't made any attempt to try to get me to give them money... Maybe I'll be nerdy and buy the light-brown shirt with the blogger logo on it.

Some people might see it differently however. I saw on one blog that someone had posted that they were switching from Blogger to Xanga because they thought Xanga was better than Blogger! Pretty funny, eh?

2 comments:

Shawn Laramie said...

You probably don't know thi, so I'll tell you. Blogger is owned and operated by Google, the greatest company on the planet. That's the reason it's so good. The only ads on Blogger are those added by people using google adsense.

I am a total google fanboy, so i know what it's like to be devoted to a company. Everything I use on my computer is Google. I have google mail for email, google desktop for searching my computer, google talk for IMing, Google earth for searching the globe, google as my ie homepage, google as my firefox portal, the google web bars for ie and firefox, google for running the ads on my website, and, of course, blogger for serious blogs.

I <3 Google.

however, it is worth noting that myspace pwns both blogger and Xanga as a community portal.

SDtektiv said...

Yeah but you have to sign up and make a website just to leave a comment on it. And it causes people to get addicted to leaving comments and stuff for hours. Though, I imagine that it is a good way to meet your friends' nice friends.