January 17, 2006

Poking fun at Fashion


Guess what? Yesterday I ordered the blogger shirt that is brown with the orange logo on it. And now... I guess I wait. Well, to ease the wait a little bit, I drew a picture of myself wearing that shirt. Now, you can imagine with me what it will be like to don that shirt...

I'm kidding! I did order the shirt and I did draw a picture (obviously), but just because I felt like drawing something.


Yes, I know wearing a shirt with the blogger logo on it is a bit nerdy but that never stopped me before. I mean, what is worse? Wearing a shirt with "Blogger" on it that is practical, or wearing pants that are already 80% worn out in order to be "fashionable." Can you imagine how hard it was to explain to the workers in foreign countries that the silly Americans wanted their pants to have unsightly rips, paint smeared all over, and kneaded and folded 20 times with an egg-beater into a froth? "Faded." That's what the look used to be, but now they've probably opened up massive complicated superstructures dedicated to enclose a space for pulverizing those poor pants.

...Well, if it creates more jobs.

3 comments:

Night said...

Nice draw Sdtektiv ;)

keep it comming

SDtektiv said...

@milkmanjones:
by imagining how the destroyed pants are made, I can thus exaggerate more and take making jokes about it to a new level. I don't think the workers care so much either, but the mental image of someone explaining to a worker that the pants need to have rips in them is just too funny to pass up.

@nightwing:
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

dear SDtektiv,
you are so funny, and so honest, i think that is why i like being your friend so much!! i love your views on things, not to mention, that picture of you is awsome! it even looks like you, well, you have fun with your shirt!!

~~Tooshy_butt~~