January 29, 2006

Hacky Sacking

When people talk about "the simple things in life" a hacky sack must be one of the things they are talking about. I now list hacky sack...ing as one of my interests. If you think about it, it is the ultimate thing. You can take it with you anywhere in your pocket, any number of people can play it at a time, people can join in in the middle of a game, and it could go on forever.

It came in handy friday. I went over to my mom's friend's house and my friend's mom's house, for a piano lesson. After the lesson, my mom talked with her friend for a long time and it ended up being around dinnertime. A friend of my friend came over to my mom's friend's house and we all went to TGI Friday for dinner. It was a long wait, and fortunately I had my hacky sack with me, so us three (me, my friend, and my friend's friend) hacky sacked out in front of Thank God It's Friday for a while. It was a lot of fun. If I wasn't hungry, I might've actually been reluctant to have our table become available.

What's cool is that on sunny days, a group of guys will be hacky sacking in the outside lunch area. One day I joined them, and I hack with them on those days. I first got interested in buying a hacky sack when a group of people I see on every Sunday and Thursday at church were hacksacking.

No comments: