January 20, 2006

Blogger Shirt, Team Blog in works, WA Quarter

Yesterday, that Blogger t-shirt that I ordered came! Wow, that was quick, wasn't it? So today I wore my blogger shirt to school, where I am excited about an upcoming art show in which some of my art pieces will be displayed. It's going to be in the school library next Thursday and Friday during school hours, I believe. It's exciting knowing people will see work that you are proud of!

Speaking of art, I and some friends from school are going to start a blog about art soon. Having a place in which we post art together sounds really fun. The whole premise of this blog wasn't about art but just me observing, being way cooler than pirates, and commenting on stuff. That way I can focus on doing those things here and putting art there. Although, making art definitely involves those three things! I am really excited because I'll get to post art among my friends and it'll just be exciting to see my friends' art. Especially the friends I don't get to see very often.

They going to come out with the Washington State quarter! I read it in the article "The salmon or the whale? You pick" by Curt Woodward, in the News Tribune today. The three final possible designs they have to choose from are a fish jumping out of a body of water with Mount Rainer in the background, a fish with apples on top of an outline of Washington State, and a Native American whale spouting water. According to the article, people "will be able to lobby for their favorite in an online poll, and the commision will settle on a favorite." But, "The final decision rests with Gov. Christine Gregoire." View the three possible quarters and read the article here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/story/5470254p-4934688c.html!

3 comments:

SDtektiv said...

the music pirates

SDtektiv said...

Cool. I made put a link to your blog on the art blog under the "Art Sites of Note" part because your site's theme is poetry.

Shawn Laramie said...

Arg Matey.