December 27, 2006

Say no to Adsense

Look, the way I see it, Blogger gives you all these features up-front and it's free, and there's no ads. That, to me, is a profit in a way because other blogging services require you to pay money to have access to your HTML code. Sure, not everything is up-front and easy, like making a picture header for example. But by finding and following a tutorial you can add many things to your blog.

They've done a lot, I didn't even know that at one time Blogger had ads on it! It did, and now that they're gone, they're back. Why? It seems that a lot of people see ads as good for their website. I disagree. They look rather tacky and I don't know about everyone else, but I know that I don't go back to websites with a lot of Google Adbars everywhere.

I see blogging as something that should be just for fun, and that gets comprimised when there's ads. Instead of trying to attract viewers for the sake of comments, you start trying to attract viewers to make your ads worth more. All of a sudden, it turns into a job.

Why have ads when you don't have to have them?

No comments: