December 21, 2005

Phat Hair

Have you ever saw a friend somewhere and walked to up to them and said "Hi!" and then they turn to look at you and you get this feeling in your stomach when you realize that the person is someone you never met? I had that funny experience once when my mom, my older brother, and I went to the store. Me and my brother went away from my mom to get shampoo. I saw this shampoo that was yellow and had a funny name, "Phat Hair." I thought it was so funny that I took it off the shelf and I was going to show it to my mom.

I looked for my mom and saw her with her shopping cart and I walked up to her and said, "Look! It's Phat Hair." I made eye contact with the person I was speaking to and I realized that she wasn't my mom! Pretty funny huh?

And then, there are those times when you aren't sure if the person is the person you think it is so you try to get a good look at the person, but you don't want the person to know you are looking at her, so you act stealthy and if the person looks at you, pretend you weren't looking at them.

The funny thing is, is that if the person is the person you think she is, would it be possible that she is trying to get a good look at you to see if you are the person she recognizes? An ironic thought would be to think that maybe both of you are trying to recognize each other but you keep turning away from each other, making it impossible to do so. Generally, though, people will not be offended if you say something if you say, "Oh sorry, I thought you were a friend of mine."

No comments: