December 22, 2005

Evolution

I think they should be allowed to teach the theory of intelligent design in school, because then they could let us students make up our own minds instead of showing us only one view of the origin of humanity.

What I would want is for them to show both arguments, Intelligent Design and Evolution, and then only show actual real evidence. Not just made-up stuff like "Well look, these two separate species have this in common." Well yes! Of course they have something in common. Just like two types of cars made by the same manufacturer, they are going to have things in common, which signify that they were made by the manufacturer. The fact that there is something in common in two different species suggests a creator was involved, but does not prove that evolving was involved.

Look, if the theory of Evolution was true, then by now we would be discovering millions of fossils showing a gradual change from species to species. Where are they!? For me, I need some real evidence. I'm sorry, I guess I don't have enough faith.

So why not teach a nonfraudulent comparison of Evolution and Intelligent Design? Are they afraid that we will get confused because we apparently can't make up our own minds on it for ourselves?

No comments: