December 19, 2005

Media & Manga Theory

My theory about the media:

The media is dark and pretends that it has the answer to happiness and yet leaves you empty.
My theory about the media is that they are out to get people from a young age addicted to, well you know what. Think about it, everywhere, video games, movies, even cable TV. I used to watch AZN television but then they started showing very sexually explicit anime. Am I the only one who sees something wrong with that?

Manga. I love manga. In fact, I love to make it, and draw actual stories. I hate to buy it now. The manga industry lost my trust when they lied about what was in a particular graphic novel. To be safe, I purchased a manga that was rated "Youth: Ages 10 and up" all it said was for some violence. I really enjoyed the manga... until I got close to the end of it. I won't go into detail about it but let's just say that it was like AZN television. To show my legitimacy, the title of the Manga was "Etcetera Volume 1" published by TokyoPop.

I emailed TokyoPop about it, their slogan is something like "Leading the manga revolution." I suggested to them that they lead the manga revolution by publishing wholesome japanese manga (there's got to be some out there!) that appealed to mature aged people. To be honest, you'd have to be immature to enjoy a "mature"-rated manga. I love manga, but I can't pick one up again because I'll always have a fear of what might be lurking on the next page. I emailed them months ago, and never got a response.

Anyways, I believe that the media wants for everyone to be addicted to it's explicit material. It puts it out there, and acts like it isn't hurting anyone. It hurts me. It's targeting as young as "ages 10 and up."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course the Media is out to get everyone. Their all blood thirsty socialites that only care about money.

As far as Manga goes all I have to say is...

It comes from Japan. Japan is a lot different then America. Nudity shows up in children's show's because it's a different society in general. So if anything Manga will always be less appropriate then American cartoons.

SDtektiv said...

Yeah but when they translate the mangas into English and sell them shouldn't they tell us if they are appropriate or not based on American standards?