January 5, 2007

"Internet Wayback Machine"

I found something really cool just browsing around. It's called the "Internet Wayback Machine" (Google it, I'm feeling lazy right now). What it does is that you can type in the address to a website and see what it looked like a long time ago. I had a lot of fun with it and I think that you will too. A trend I noticed was that at first, a lot of websites were only Texted based. Then it became really bold and blocky, and today the colors are milder and there's more rounded corners. I prefer today's look out of the three to be honest!

Keep in mind, it doesn't generate everything from back then. You might end up only getting to see text in Times New Roman even if it had a different font and images, but it is very cool.

So, if there's a website you visit a lot and you ever wondered what it would be like to see it a long time ago, now you can!

No comments: