January 7, 2007

Book: Wild at Heart



My discipleship leader recently gave me this book for Christmas. It is amazing. I don't think there is any book I liked better than this one. It's about how society and the church have repressed and taken way what men need... and how to get it back.



It's the sort of book that you only pay attention to a page number if you have to stop in the middle of the chapter and want to remember your place. Otherwise, you might forget that the numbers even exist. It's that enjoyable.

It worked just right for me because Christianity and life had grown to be boring for me. This book helped revitalize me.

Have you ever watched a movie where there was a bunch of things that happened in it and you didn't know why they happened or how they related to each other and all that was revealed near the end of the movie? That exhilarating feeling is a sensation I felt a few times throughout the book. Except it meant a lot more to me because it was events in my life!

I recommend this book for anyone, whether they are male or female, this is a great book.

UPDATE: April 16, 2007: A comment on my friends' reactions to the book.

No comments: