May 16, 2007

Gas Prices and Commercials?

I saw a strange thing, it was a commericial for gasoline! My beef with that is that you don't usually see ad campaigns for things you actually need. I don't see how ads for gas are going to make people buy more gas, so it might just be a waste of money to have said adverts. How can they afford a useless--Ohh... that's how...

Well, yesterday was supposed to be the gas boycott day. I wonder if anything happened. Hmm... It's a sad thing because gas is one of those things that you don't have much choice... you sorta have to buy it.

Because things can be spread out, they are. Because they are, you need a car. Most things are far. Hardy har har.

In other countries lots of people ride bikes (in Southeast Asian Countries), or walk (European Cities), because the way their towns are set up. Especially here on the West Coast of America, things are really sprawled out. We have wide open spaces.

So next time I go by a gas station I'll look and see if the prices are down. Soon, I'll be getting a car, and then really paying the money.

For now, I'm riding the bus home, and someone on the bus noted that regular gas prices are now more than diesel, and that diesel used to be more expensive than gas. Maybe the next step for me is to get a diesel motorcycle. If they don't exist... well that's why there are customs.

No comments: