February 18, 2007

A Deal Too Good to Take?

We all have friends and family members who specialize in certain businesses or work at stores in which we benefit from it in some way. My Aunt works at Microsoft (maybe I should pull that line out sometime in this last week of my Xbox LIVE gaming), so twice I recieved gifts of Xbox games for it. Our family benefits because my uncle is a mechanic.

One time, a friend of mine who worked at Burger King was giving me a ride home from youth group, and on our way home we stopped at Burger King so he could help them close shop.

After he was about done closing up, he asked if I wanted a Burger, I said yes. He said, "What would you like?", I looked up at the various elements of the burger above the grill--I was only used to picking how I want a sandwich built at Subway! I asked him if it was legal and his response was that it was a benefit that they should be getting, and it would count as waste anyway. That was good enough for me! I wasn't the one getting me a burger!

Now I'm facing a similar deal in which I can purchase a Nintendo Wii at a lower price and get some extras too, because of a friend working in an electronics video game store. I'm not sure if the deal is too good to take, but then again I could just paint it with some religious words such as "Maybe this is why I felt like God was telling me to wait to buy a Wii", or "This is a blessing," (it is peoples!) and that might be enough to alleviate my conscience.

1 comment:

Jason Guidry said...

Assuming that the employee is using his own discount for the Wii, then there's really nothing wrong with it.